Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Frito Pie -- New Mexico Style

I didn't start out to make Frito Pie today.  I made Pinto Beans in the Crock Pot, and had some leftover beef brisket, and was just going to do a New Mexico, chili with beans and meat.  However, I was on the roof, spraying roof seal (sealing cracks -- love a New Mexico flat roof--- it is supposed to rain).
As luck would have it, I ran out and had to run to Lowes Home Improvement. 
 
While at Lowes, I picked up:  dishwashing soap, dishwasher rinse aid, garbage bags, pumpkin Glade, the roof spray, and.......2 small bags of Fritos -- yep, I started to think Frito Pie.  Call this #thingsyoubuyatloweshomeimprovement.
              
I love any and all twists on Frito Pie.  Being in New Mexico, I love a New Mexican Frito Pie.
 
It can be made with a red chili, or green. 
 
Simple, freezer ( the beef was in the freezer -- extra pinto beans will end up there).
What I used:    Homemade Pinto Beans, Shredded Beef Brisket, Green Chili Sauce.  Now most people put cheese on theirs.  I am not a melted cheese kind of person, so I skipped the cheese.  But, cheese, sour cream, pico, you name it.  You add it.
 

                      
 
                        

I also do it in a red version, and I do it in a Texas version (with good old fashioned McCormick Chili Seasoning, hamburger meat, tomato sauce, and pinto beans).  What can I say?  I love Frito Pie.

How do you like your Frito Pie?


No comments:

Post a Comment